DISCLAIMER

The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author. They are not intended to replace medical advice from
a licensed healthcare professional. So, don't be stupid. Talk to your healthcare provider and don't rely on the
Internet for your medical needs.

Friday, May 18, 2007

I'm a big fattie

For the first few weeks, one doesn't really feel "pregnant" so much as one feels simply "fat."

My clothes do not fit correctly, but not to the point where purchases must be made. I drink a ton of water, most of which I retain, so I feel bloated and unattractive. On top of all that, I am now working out with other pregnant women (part of the Army's program to increase wellness among its pregnant Soldiers) - most of whom have very obviously pregnant bellies (even the smaller ones).

But today, I felt pregnant for real. It was the first time I actually went to the toilet for the purpose of puking. Thankfully, I did not. I hate throwing up so much that I cannot comprehend the concept of bulimia. Voluntarily puking is like saying, "Purple trees taste like licorice....but only on Wednesdays." It just doesn't make sense to me.

I guess it's all starting to settle in. I looked for maternity clothes today at the mall. Let me tell you, it was a waste of time. The girls in the stores all said I should shop at Lane Bryant. Wow. Talk about a real pick-me-up after thinking all week that I was fat and that pregnancy is just fatness that is allowed by society. Yuck. So, I will probably wait until my pants must remain unbuttoned and/or unzipped for me to wear them comfortably. I have seen things somewhat like a tube top that you can put around your waist for the purpose of holding your pants up should you choose to wear them unbuttoned and unzipped. I guess that's for those really awesome jeans that make my butt look great. I should probably buy a pair first...

At any rate, the pregnancy is beginning to feel like one. Just in time for my embryo to stop looking like a "squirrel" and start becoming more tadpole or even baby gerbil-looking! Gestation is a beautiful thing...until it gives you indigestion.

No comments: