DISCLAIMER

The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author. They are not intended to replace medical advice from
a licensed healthcare professional. So, don't be stupid. Talk to your healthcare provider and don't rely on the
Internet for your medical needs.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Health Studies RULE!

I signed up to be in a gall bladder/pregnant lady health study. Here's why studies are cool:

1. You get extra health care coverage that others don't. Case in point: I get THREE ultrasounds when most people only get one. I'll get one in my first trimester, when usually the only one you get is at 20 weeks (5 months).

2. You don't have to pay for said coverage and sometimes, they pay you. For me, I'll have to get my blood drawn three times, and I'll get paid for two of them. Probably only ten bucks, but it's more than I had so... why not?

3. You might learn something. For example, maybe I'll learn if I have a future of gall stones or if my future is stone-free. (I do what I want) Tell me if you got that reference.

In all, I think I'm racking up pretty good. They ask a few questions, stick a few needles, but overall I get extra "baby" pictures that others don't get plus a little insight into the functions of the pregnant lady gall bladder. Who could ask for more?

So tomorrow I'll give them a call and make my appointment for the first ultra-sound. I can't wait to see my little peanut for the first time!

No comments: