DISCLAIMER

The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author. They are not intended to replace medical advice from
a licensed healthcare professional. So, don't be stupid. Talk to your healthcare provider and don't rely on the
Internet for your medical needs.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Still Kicking

Even though I can't yet feel it, the baby is still in there, moving around, keeping a healthy 160+ bpm heart rate. I breathed a little sigh of relief as I crossed the 4 month threshhold, the sacred place where rate of miscarriage drops to below 3%.

However relieved I might be, tragedy fell on one of my Soldiers this week, as his wife miscarried after 3 months, 2 days. She'll have a D&C on Monday to remove her fetus, placenta, and excess tissue. I cannot imagine her pain (physical and emotional), trying to explain to her other two children why they won't be welcoming a sibling this winter, or carrying her dead child within her for nearly a full week before the procedure.

I pray for her full recovery, and for her husband's safe return from temporary duty across the country. He will need to be there for her!

1 comment:

Amy said...

My heart goes out to your solider and his family!