DISCLAIMER

The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author. They are not intended to replace medical advice from
a licensed healthcare professional. So, don't be stupid. Talk to your healthcare provider and don't rely on the
Internet for your medical needs.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Shocking Revelation

I was sitting here, minding my own business, when a crazy thought occurred to me.... I have absolutely NO idea what contractions feel like! Several people have asked me if I'm having Braxton-Hicks (practice contractions) and I always say no, because I figure I'd probably know if I did, right? But I don't know! My mom, always a giver of advice, said I would just feel "different." Ambiguity is awesome.

Another friend has advised I have my membranes stripped after 38 weeks. I think on my 39-week appointment, if the baby isn't doing anything progressively toward labor, I will!

1 comment:

The Arnold Family said...

Hey, you don't know me but I am a friend of Amy Foster. I recently had a baby in November and wondered the exact same things! I was scared I wouldn't know when to go to the hospital. My contractions felt like menstral cramps x 1,000,000,000!!
I also had my membranes stripped. I had them stripped on Tuesday morning and Wednesday at 4:53pm our daughter was born.
Good luck!