DISCLAIMER

The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author. They are not intended to replace medical advice from
a licensed healthcare professional. So, don't be stupid. Talk to your healthcare provider and don't rely on the
Internet for your medical needs.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Giggles, Wiggles, Flutters, and Farts

So a day or two ago, I felt a little "flutter" and was thinking..."YES, this is it!!! I can finally feel the baby moving." But then I pooted. And I sadly realized it was only gas. But, what if the baby was on my bowel and rolled off to allow the air to escape?

I am now beginning Week 18. Some websites say only the overweight moms can't feel their babies move by Week 20. My darling husband said, "I think today's going to be the day." I hope he doesn't have to say it again tomorrow and the next day!

I still poke a finger in my belly periodically to see if I can get a reaction. So far, nothing. This must be the most difficult part of pregnancy. I can't feel the baby move, I don't feel sick, and when I lie down I don't even look pregnant. But my belly is still growing, so unless I'm like Violet Beauregard from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and I need to be "juiced" - I think there's still a growing baby in there.

And I haven't chewed any funky-looking gum given to me by a stranger recently.

No comments: