DISCLAIMER

The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author. They are not intended to replace medical advice from
a licensed healthcare professional. So, don't be stupid. Talk to your healthcare provider and don't rely on the
Internet for your medical needs.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hair, hair, everywhere

I have always had problems shaving under my arms, and I always hated the "moustache." So I went and had something done about it. From late 2005 to early 2006, I had laser hair removal. It was expensive - even with my Super-Duper discount for having been pals with the gal who does it. My mom took her wedding pictures for discount rates, so she felt it nice to return the favor and we both got discounts.

Pregnancy hormones are evil. $300 and lots of owwies later, I am growing hair again. I have pit hair, le moustache, chin stubble, and a few long ones on my breasts. I will not even begin to discuss "down there." I shave, pluck, and scowl at the ever-growing problem. I'm starting to wonder if I've wasted that money or if maybe after the hormones die down everything will resume some semblance of normalcy.

I know it won't be that inexpensive if I have to do laser removal again. So the cost will outweigh the benefit. My baby will need diapers. And I will need lotions and ointments to soothe the burning rash I inevitably get from shaving under my arms. And I will need ice packs to put on my face after I yank out my moustache and goatee.

It's funny. Pregnancy is the most girlie thing a female can do. Yet it makes us look like men. Or yeti. How odd!

1 comment:

R said...

I chuckle every time I read about the goatee. That would be something we would both have in common... :D