DISCLAIMER

The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author. They are not intended to replace medical advice from
a licensed healthcare professional. So, don't be stupid. Talk to your healthcare provider and don't rely on the
Internet for your medical needs.

Friday, June 8, 2007

Pregnancy Week 9

The ninth week so far has been okay. I've done a lot this week, including attend a college orientation with Devlyn and attend a Police concert at Key Arena!

I have lost a total of ten pounds, mostly from the changes in eating habits. I eat a lot more often, but tend to eat a lot less at a time. My overall caloric intake has dropped a little, but it seems that the eating all day has made the biggest change. I know I'll start gaining soon. I'm trying not to be too alarmed just yet. Maybe it's ten pounds I didn't need (unhealthy ones) or maybe it's loss of muscle mass from the changes I've made in my workout. I'm not sure, but I'm trying to not let it bother me.

Mostly what I've noticed is the fatigue and the nausea when I don't eat. Of course, sometimes it's even when I DO eat. Then there's the gas. Nobody ever told me that flatulence and belching were going to be at an all-time high during pregnancy. It's uncontrollable, and sometimes it's painful!

At least I have a general idea of how my grape-sized baby is doing. A lovely woman I met at Devlyn's college orientation said the way I feel is a sign that things are going normally. I use that to make me feel better when the "symptoms" get ridiculous. Here's a picture of what my little nugget looks like (in theory) by now.



The good news is, I'll get a real chance to see him or her for the first time coming up in a couple of weeks. My first appointment with the midwife is on the 18th, and my first ultrasound (thanks to that gall bladder study) will be on the 21st. So I'll have a cute little picture like this one (but not this one) to show off!



I'm growing a little bit more anxious, but that feeling comes and goes. My belly is starting to look a little "swole" (maybe actually from my grapefruit-sized uterus now rather than from all the bowel distension), so I'm starting to feel more pregnant than before. Even though the skin isn't really stretching yet, I have scratched my tummy a few times without thinking. It's not even itchy! I also do the subconscious belly rub and the "hold" a lot. All moms, I'm sure, know what I mean by the "hold" but just to explain to those who don't know, this is when I rest my hand(s) on my belly around the tiny bulge.

Things are moving along, and life is good. When I get more obviously round, I'll post a picture of me on here. I know, the anticipation is probably more than you can handle. Hang in there!

No comments: