DISCLAIMER

The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author. They are not intended to replace medical advice from
a licensed healthcare professional. So, don't be stupid. Talk to your healthcare provider and don't rely on the
Internet for your medical needs.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Growing too fast!

Of course. It's what they all say. But when you observe your eleven week old son licking his lips as he watches another baby being spoon-fed sweet potatoes, it definitely hits home.

He is still developmentally too young to start rice cereal mixed with breast milk, but now I am keenly aware that I will not have to struggle with the introduction of a spoon as I did with his big sister.  His interest alone is enough to let me know we can start as soon as his little digestive system can handle it.

In other news, he is also sleeping a 6 hour stretch from about 9 pm till 3 am every night. I so want to push his bedtime to the right just to get his stretch to match mine, but he gets ridiculously angry with a later bedtime and wakes at 3 anyway, so we will hang tough a while longer. If our firstborn was any indication, his timeline will shift on its own soon anyway.

I am afraid if I blink, he will be three like his sister...at which point she would be six. Sigh... Too fast.

No comments: