DISCLAIMER

The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author. They are not intended to replace medical advice from
a licensed healthcare professional. So, don't be stupid. Talk to your healthcare provider and don't rely on the
Internet for your medical needs.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Week 28 - Warning: Contents Under Pressure

A new development over the last week is that when I lie down at night, I can feel Baby pressing against one side of my belly. This is different from the bump-bump I feel when Baby is restless or practicing karate. This is just like what I would call a classic "fart stretch." I know I'm a redneck with no manners, but don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. Babies are not shy about doing this when they are gassy. I've witnessed it firsthand numerous times. They stretch out their legs against something that can push back (presumably a caregiver's hands or legs) and just let 'er rip.

So now I feel the pressure against one side of my belly as I'm lying there about to fall asleep. And the fun part is, when I push back, I can feel Baby move away (not jerky bumps again, but really fluid movements). Baby rolls over or withdraws the offending limb from my abdominal wall. It is a RESPONSE, which I think is awesome. Until now, Baby was just a mess of arms and legs and squirms and wiggles and lacked any kind of real direction in movement. Now, there is a distinct pattern. Baby sleeps, Baby wakes and wants to play, Baby gets fussy and irritated, and Baby likes to stretch at night. It's cool!

So now entering MONTH SEVEN, I'm still feeling pretty good. I have some new, cute maternity clothes to wear. I owe some pictures to you loyal readers (all three of you) and promise to post them, maybe as an edit to this blog. I will soon have more time to be more faithful in my writing. I'm switching to shorter workdays this week (provided I don't have eighty million things to do) in order to reduce the workload and stress and prevent pre-term labor. Although, I would really appreciate "pre-term" labor at around week 37. That would be awesome.

No comments: