DISCLAIMER

The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author. They are not intended to replace medical advice from
a licensed healthcare professional. So, don't be stupid. Talk to your healthcare provider and don't rely on the
Internet for your medical needs.

Sunday, September 28, 2014

BRUNCH - because, why not?

17 weeks, 2 days
Navel Orange
I'm feeling great. Every so often, I can sense a little wiggle, which means Blueberry (who is now the size of a navel orange - not to be confused with a Naval orange like those on a ship - ha!) is getting bigger all the time. Had my 16-week checkup last week, and the heart rate has gone down by a lot - to 146 bpm. Still well within the normal range for fetal heart rate. I measure where I should, with the top of my uterus just about 2-3 inches below my belly button. At 20 weeks, it should be right at my belly button.


Now that I'm cruising well into the second trimester, I feel like my fatigue is starting to wane. I say starting to, because I am at the busiest time of my year - working on about three different things at one time and trying to stay sane. As either a way to stay sane, or as a way to just add something to my schedule (because I apparently needed to do that), we're having some friends over for brunch today. I love brunch. It's like a free-for-all carb-fest, with some eggs and other stuff. Pretty much anything is possible. And one of my friends is bringing some apple muffins, made from the apples picked at a farm near us. Mmmmm....


Time to make my house smell of deliciousness!

No comments: