DISCLAIMER

The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author. They are not intended to replace medical advice from
a licensed healthcare professional. So, don't be stupid. Talk to your healthcare provider and don't rely on the
Internet for your medical needs.

Monday, August 23, 2010

A "dark" dawning thought

It just occurred to me; I will be giving birth to my child in the Arctic winter.  I didn't have postpartum depression last time, but that doesn't mean I'm immune to it.  Especially when there will be so, so little daylight in February.

In early February, the sun will rise at approximately 9:30am and set at approximately 4:30pm.  If I'm reading this daylight chart correctly.  Other websites show somewhere between 5 and 6 1/2 hours of daylight in early February.

Either way, I should probably learn more about ways to combat seasonal affective disorder (SAD) that are safe for new moms and new babies.  I need to figure out if having a UV-lamp in the house is okay.  Ah, the joys of Alaska living!

No comments: