DISCLAIMER

The views expressed in this blog are solely those of the author. They are not intended to replace medical advice from
a licensed healthcare professional. So, don't be stupid. Talk to your healthcare provider and don't rely on the
Internet for your medical needs.

Monday, November 5, 2007

A Little Too Grabby

It is now Week 30-6 (tomorrow marks off a full 31 weeks). Baby has consistently kicked and wiggled and squirmed, but now a new activity has begun. Baby got grabby. I'm sitting there, minding my own business, when all of a sudden I feel intense discomfort in my ... well, my bladder, I guess. Not like a "gotta go" sensation. This is like if a little pinchy buggar decided to see what bladder feels like from the top side. I assume this is what occurred. Baby has been pinching and grasping all sorts of parts inside there. Mostly I notice when my bladder begins to tingle. It doesn't exactly hurt - it's more of an uncomfortable feeling, kind of like a low-voltage shock.

At any rate, I'm really ready for this habit to cease. Feet are still in the ribs, I still have the occasional soreness from sciatica, and now there's this. Pinchy McGhee better settle down. As my friend in Virginia states it, some of these little fetal movements plead a good case for child abuse. The good news is, I can push back when Baby pushes on me. S/he isn't going anywhere and can really just push right back at me or (hopefully) stop doing whatever it was that annoyed me in the first place.

Funny story: the other night, my husband decided to push on my stomach. Baby pushed back. He pushed again, and Baby pushed back. It was like a little game. Of course, this only happened for a few seconds before the Baby rolled to another direction and stopped playing. Still, it made Daddy have a nice warm fuzzy for the rest of the night. Ah, the joys of bonding!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Very cute--Devlyn is already playing games with the little one! Such fun!